Powered By Blogger

Monday, October 1, 2012

It's Day One

Not only is this day 1 of the Ultimate Blog Challenge (my first blog challenge), for me it's also day 1 of being a business owner instead of an 'employee.' Exciting?? Definitely!! Scary?? You bet!!

I decided about 11 months ago that I would love the option of working from different locations instead of being obligated to showing up in an office Monday through Friday, working the 8am to 5pm schedule, all for the benefit of someone else. I have aging parents, grown children and grandchildren that are literally spread out across the country and I want to have extended visits with them. (Hmmm...I wonder if I'm welcome for extended periods of time!!) I started researching my options, assessing my skills and really thinking about what I'm good at and enjoy doing. My research led me into the world of virtual assisting. It seems like the perfect solution for me! So, I've spent months laying the foundation, finding my niche market (solo attorneys) and preparing for this new adventure.

Last Thursday was my last day as an employee. I am now officially a business owner. Last night I made my to do list for today and went to bed early because I've read that you need to keep a schedule when working from home. I was going to start my day off with a nice brisk walk to replace the grueling morning commute I'm used to making and then dig in and get some things marked off of my to do list. So, what do I do on my very first day of being a biz owner??  I took a day trip up to Jerome (Arizona) and spent the day enjoying the cooler weather, the shops, a great pizza and glass of wine.....


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on going after what you want! You're an entrprenuer now! Woot! Enjoy the blog challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on starting your journey in both becoming an entrepreneur and joining the Ultimate Blog Challenge.

    ReplyDelete