Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 5, 2012

I'm Doing Something Nice Today

As any of my friends, relatives and some casual acquaintances will tell you, I can be very sarcastic. I'm actually quite fluent in it. It comes naturally to me, meaning that it just happens. I don't consciously think of sarcastic things to say. I just open my mouth and sarcasm spews forth. I've been complimented and envied on my sarcastic abilities. However, I also know that it can be hurtful. I have to make an effort NOT to be sarcastic sometimes. As I've matured, I've learned to 'read' people and put them into categories. Those who will appreciate sarcasm and maybe even 'spar' with me, or those who might get their feelings hurt.

Looking at the 'Holiday Insights' website and perusing the month of October, I saw that it is National Sarcastic Awareness Month. Hooray!! We have a month!!! (We also have an organization that I've seriously considered joining.) Here are some of my favorite sarcastic quotes:

  • My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I'm right ~Unknown~
  • I have had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it. ~Groucho Marx~
  • Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. ~Oscar Wilde~
  • I wish we were better strangers. ~Unknown~
Even though I'm a sarcastic person, I know I'm not a mean person. But just in case - today being 'Do Something Nice Day' - the 'something nice' I'm going to do is not be sarcastic. 

"I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?" ~Chandler Bing~

No comments:

Post a Comment