Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Humor in the Workplace is Important

I'm in the process of building my website for my new biz venture (www.topnotchadmin.com) and one of the things I'm adding are testimonials and recommendations from people I've worked for. Earlier, as I was reviewing the letters and trying to decide what to use, I noticed that in all but one of them my sense of humor was mentioned. I'm told fairly often that I am 'witty' or 'funny' and have great 'comebacks' and 'one-liners' but I never realized that my sense of humor would be something an employer or co-worker would mention in a recommendation!! Is a sense of humor something that can be added to a resume?? I've never seen it listed as a job requirement, but I'm sure in a lot of instances it helps.  Majority of my work experience has been as a litigation secretary and assistant, which is a demanding and stressful job. I can't imagine not having a sense of humor and not finding something to laugh at each day (inlcuding myself!!). So, I'm very proud of the fact that along with being described as professional, knowledgeable, organized, self-motivated and reliable I'm also humorous!! Live...Love...and most importantly LAUGH :-p

No comments:

Post a Comment