Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Fall - A Time For New Beginnings

I think most people think of spring as a time for new beginnings, but for some reason, the fall is historically when I make my new beginnings. The fall has been when I've made major life changes. In the past I've moved residences, switched jobs and changed careers in the fall months. My latest 'new beginning' is my transition from being an employee to being a small business owner.

There is something about the fall that inspires me. The air gets crisper, the leaves turn and fall from the trees and everyone starts preparing for the holidays. I love the smells in the air in the fall - leaves, aromas from the kitchen and best of all fireplaces. Fall is the beginning of the school year and football season.

Fall usually means a trip for me. I live in the desert of Phoenix, so we don't have a 'fall.' (It was 100 degrees here today!! Yuck.) I have to travel outside of Phoenix to enjoy fall.  My trips can be anything from a long weekend trip to northern Arizona or a month long trip to Ohio or Missouri to visit with family.  Which brings me back to the inspiration for my new business venture...virtual assisting and having the option to work from various locations.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely Blog. I live in New England and I too love the fall. Thank you for comment on my blog....happy fall with all its new beginnings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan I agree with you. Fall is the perfect time of year for new beginnings. It's just something about the crispness in the air that clears the cobwebs and gives you a sense of newness and hope. I wish you much success during this transitional season.

    P.S I love your blog design. The books make me feel warm and cozy and ready to settle in for a good read :-)

    ReplyDelete