Most Virtual Assistants (VA) work within a niche market chosen because of a passion they have. As everyone knows, you learn everything you can about your passion and become an expert at it! I chose my niche market of solo practice lawyers and small law firms because of my love of the law and the legal system and because most lawyers are no-nonsense, straight shooting people who appreciate the same in someone they work with.
Here are a few of the different types of VAs:
- General VAs – Email and contact management, general correspondence, transcription, data entry and travel arrangements (just to name a few of the tasks they do)
- Legal VAs –knowledge of law firm administration, legal procedures and legal terminology
- Medical VAs – knowledge of medical office administration and medical terminology
- Real Estate VAs – listing coordination, manages transactions, marketing assistance
- Technical VAs – creates and manages websites, blogs, newsletters, social media, etc.